Frequent urination implies that one needs to urinate quite often. It is in fact, a sudden and a compelling urge to urinate which causes discomfort in the bladder. Frequency in urination at night is called "nocturia." This is due to nocturia that mostly the middle-aged and the aged people had to get up in the early morning hours for urination.HOW OFTEN SHOULD YOU PEE?
In most people, urinating between six to eight times a day is considered normal. But if someone is having plenty of fluid intakes, it's completely normal to go to the washroom as many as 10 times a day.CAUSES OF FREQUENT URINATION
Frequent urination is considered to be a classic sign of a urinary tract infection (UTI). Some of the common causes of frequent urination are:
- The use of diuretics (water pills)
- Certain problems of the enlarged prostate
- Ongoing inflammation of the bladder, commonly experienced by the women, which is known as interstitial cystitis
- Intake of diuretics, like coffee, cranberry juice and some other forms of medications
- Drinking too much fluid, like caffeine and alcohol also
- Normal phase of aging is yet another factor
- Certain bladder related problems like Cystitis, Multiple sclerosis, Bladder carcinoma, bladder tumor and kidney conditions like Nephritis, kidney stones, kidney failure etc. are also largely responsible for frequency in urination.
- Urinary tract infection is a very important cause of frequency. UTI leads to the development of the sensation of burning and pain in the process of urination.
- Vulvovaginitis is a factor which is similar to UTI. It is caused due to the opening of the urethra around the vaginal area, thereby causing itching and irritation in and around the areas of the vagina. Especially during the stage of puberty, this symptom is on the high rise.
- Pollakiuria is a condition which affects basically children of the age group between 3 to 8 years thus leading to frequency. This is a factor which is basically related to stress in one's life, which leads to the process of frequency more than 10 to 30 times in a day. This cause is however very much temporary which flashes away with the passage of time.
Frequency needs the proper diagnosis. Through proper physical examination, a proper diagnosis of frequent urination can be assorted out.